The history of Highland Parks can be traced back to 1798 when Magnus Euson began to burn whisky illegally in Scotlands northernmost distillery. In 1825 Robert Borwick constructed today´s whisky distillery and got the licence to burn in 1826. A few changes in ownership followed. In 1890 James Grant acquired the distillery and expanded it to four stills. The Highland Distillers Group continued distilling from 1918 on.
The used water comes from an underground spring at the Cattie Maggie’s Quarry. The distillers use the local peat covered with heather from Hobbister Moor.
The Highland Park is a full-bodied whisky with a gentle mix of a tender honey note and a hint of smoke and peat.